"They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of HIS splendor." Isaiah 61:3
Acorn Acres is the preschool ministry at SEC. We value children and take children's ministry seriously, therefore, we we are very intentional about what we teach and how we teach it.
We believe all kids matter to God and matter to us.
We believe the Bible is vital to our ministry. We are here to teach principals based solidly on God's Word in a way that is exciting, creative and relevant. In our Sunday morning programs we overview the Bible every two years.
We believe the christian life is best modeled through relationships. Each child in placed in a group with adult staff who are committed to building authentic relationships with the children and their parents. We have over 120 volunteers in the preschool ministry who are committed and dedicated to loving your children and helping them learn more about Jesus. For the safety of your child all our volunteers have been screened with a background check.
We believe that church should be fun. We are dedicated to making SEC a place where children want to be. We look forward to serving your children. While in our care your child may experience singing, stories, games, free play, puppets a color sheet or craft.
Childcare Ministry (Birth-Two Years)
Preschool Ministry (Two years - Kindergarten)
Vacation Bible School
Wellness and Safety
In order to keep our classrooms a safe and healthy place, we ask that you keep your child in your care if they have experienced the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
Rash or skin infection
Non-clear runny nose
Safety is important to us, therefore we have put several policies in place:
- Adults and children are given corresponding family numbers for authorized adults to check-in and check-out children
- Children will NOT be released with out the proper number tag
- Pagers are available for Nursing or concerned parents
- A trained medical staff is available during each service
- All volunteers are screened and background checked before serving in our classrooms
- Twice yearly training is presented to all workers
- A safe ratio of children to adults is required in each classroom